Thursday, January 15, 2015

REVIEW: Mad Tyrant - The Execution of William Kemmler


A review of a noise project called 'Mad Tyrant', written for Heathen Harvest, and needlessly over-edited by Sage Weatherford.  Not only did he remove the line "That’s not to say you won’t love it, of course.  In fact, I’ve got a copy here you can have if you want it", which to me highlights the importance of recognising the subjectivity of reviewing stuff, but he inserted the words "For fun" in the section where I mention reading other reviews of the CD, which comes across to me as kinda defensive.  Regardless, it's still a damn fine piece of writing, and Mr W is still a very decent human being, as far as I can tell.


"To be brutally and offensively honest about it, as far as electric noise goes, I’ve actually had more rewarding experiences listening to my fridge."

Mad Tyrant - The Execution of William Kemmler

No comments:

Post a Comment